Will a Universal Remote or Keypad Work With My Garage Door Opener?
The LiftMaster 387LM and 877MAX universal keyless entry are compatible with all major brands of garage door openers. With these devices, you can open or close a garage door without a remote control or key. You can refer to the lid of the keypad for programming instructions as they are slightly different between the two models mentioned. Start by making sure your garage door opener falls into one of the 4 criteria below:
(1) Chamberlain, Sears craftsman, LiftMaster, or master mechanic garage door openers or receivers with: 3 position dip switches.
(2) Genie, Linear, and Moore-o-matic garage door openers or receivers with 2 position dip switches.
(3) Chamberlain, Sears craftsman, LiftMaster, master mechanic garage door openers, or receivers with: yellow (old style), white or grey smart/learn buttons.
(4) Chamberlain, Sears craftsman, LiftMaster, master mechanic, Genie intellicode, Overhead Door, Stanley, Wayne Dalton, or Linear garage door openers with smart/learn buttons.
The LiftMaster 375UT 2-button universal garage door remote control is also compatible with most major brands of garage door openers, gate operators and commercial door operators. With this device, you can program up to two different brands of garage door openers, gate operators and commercial door operators. Programming for the remote is as follows:
(1) start with garage, gate or commercial door closed.
(2) Open remote –press and hold the program button until led light comes on.
(3) Press and release the smart/learn button on your product or match the control dip switches to the existing receiver or remote control.
(4) Press and release the remote control button, when light stops flashing-continue to press and release the button until a click is heard from the opener, a light on the garage blinks, the garage door opens/closes…or a beep is heard. Number of times vary based on type of unit-**see programming instruction guide.
(5) Press program button to exit program mode.
(6) press programmed button to activate product.
All devices above can be purchased at Plano Overhead Garage Door. Call or stop by for your universal garage door keypad or garage door remote needs today! 972-422-1695