Safety Sensor Liability
If your garage door does not have safety photo eyes at the bottom corners of the garage door, then your garage door opener is no longer in accordance with Federal Law. In 1993, President Clinton’s administration mandated that all garage door openers be installed with safety reversing sensors. Most garage door repair companies either refuse to work on these older openers, or refuse to put a warranty on any work performed on them. Not having updated safety mechanisms is a very dangerous liability in your own home.
Replacement Part Dilemma
Also, the top manufacturer of garage door openers in the world – Liftmaster- has stopped producing ANY replacement parts for garage door openers that were manufactured before 1993. All other manufacturers are following their initiative. Time flies, but it’s been over 20 YEARS since these garage door openers were produced!
Features and Convenience of New Garage Door Openers
- Belt Drive: Quiet, almost undetectable from inside the home.
- Phone App: Control your garage from anywhere in the world using your smartphone.
- Battery Backup: Works when you need it most, up to 40 times up and down with no power.
- Motion Sensing Lights: Turn on automatically when you walk into garage.
- Timer to Close Option: Automatically closes itself after a set time to be sure you don’t leave it open.
- Time and Temperature: Keep track of time, and see how hot it really is in that Texas garage.
- DC Motor: Smooth, Efficient, and Durable.
Click HERE to learn more about the garage door openers that Plano Overhead Garage Door installs.
So how do we answer our original question?
The garage door opener is a necessity to almost all of us, therefore we should treat it as a luxury. You never know when an appliance is going to give up on you, and there’s nothing worse than feeling trapped at home or being locked out. We spend thousands of dollars replacing or upgrading cellphones and televisions, but often run our garage door openers until they quit altogether.
Go outside and take a look at that old garage door opener, wouldn’t it be nice to upgrade it? Wouldn’t a quiet belt drive, a battery backup system, wireless phone control from the office, knowing the time and temperature, and having a safety reverse system be worth the investment? Come by our showroom see what a garage door opener is supposed to look like!