What is the 888LM?
The 888LM Smart Wall Control Panel is a device that we install to older openers that aren’t able to connect with the new MyQ technology without having to replace your opener. The MyQ technology allows you to use your smart phone to operate your opener with just a click of a button. The 888LM control panel is capable with security+ garage door openers manufactured between 1998 to the present.
The security+ 2.0 accessories are:
- Model 891LM 1-Button remote control
- Model 893LM 3-Button remote control
- Model 890MAX 3-Button mini MAX remote control
- Model 893MAX 3-Button MAX remote control
- Model 895MAX 3-Button Premium MAX remote control
- Model 877LM Wireless Keyless Entry
- Model 877LM MAX Keyless Entry
- Model 823LM Remote Light Switch
- Model 825LM Remote Light Control
- Model 828LM Liftmaster Internet Gateway
- Model 829LM Garage Door Gate Monitor
How hard is it to set up?
There are only 7 steps to install the 888LM
- First you need to turn off all power to the garage door opener
- You have to remove the existing wall control from the wall
- Then you need to label the wires on the existing door control-label the wire connected to the RED terminal-label the wire connected to the WHITE terminal. Disconnect the wires from existing door control.
- Next you need to connect the wires to the new MyQ control panel. When doing this make sure that the polarity is correct, matching Red wire to the R terminal and White wire to the W terminal.
- Then mount the MyQ Control Panel to the wall
- Now reconnect the power. There is a yellow command LED and a red learn LED that will blink quickly for up to 5 minutes as the control panel is recharging. Once the yellow command LED is glowing steady that means that the control panel is operational.
- In order to test the control panel, push the push bar to activate the garage door opener. And that’s it you are ready to start programming all your devices to the wall console.
Ready to Go!!
Now that you have installed your 888LM MyQ Control Panel, You are able to program all of your remotes, keypads, and MyQ enabled accessories. We do sell these control panels at our store located in Plano. If you don’t feel comfortable doing it yourself we can always send someone out to help you figure out how it all works. Feel free to give us a call at (972) 422-1695!