We here at Plano Overhead understand that when it comes to installing and connecting devices sometimes can get very stressful and frustrating. That’s why we are here to help you out when it comes to providing you with the utmost information and will help you get the most from your products when using a smartphone, tablet, or computer to monitor and control your garage door opener, gate opener, light controls, or other MyQ enabled products.
Connecting to the device
- To start, look to the “ MyQ Quick Start Guide” for instructions for the connection of your Chamberlin Internet Gateway to the Internet. A computer or tablet is a MUST HAVE for the step; a smartphone or mobile device will not work to create an account and connect to the Internet Gateway.
- You then must have a valid email address to create your account. After entering and submitting your information, you will then receive a confirmation email.
- When the Internet Gateway powers up, the GREEN LED and BLUE LED will blink for times indicating a correct power connection and reset of the Gateway. After power up, the LEDs will indicate the status of the Internet Gateway.
- If the GREEN LED is off after connecting the Internet Gateway to your router, check the Ethernet cable connection to your router. It must be in the LAN port, (normally numbered 1-4). If the GREEN LED is still off, try another port on your router. Then if you still cannot get a solid GREEN LED, you then will need to contact Liftmaster for help. They have an entire team dedicated to helping you with the device.
Once you have set up your account, you must add the Chamberlain Internet Gateway to the account. It is easy to do from a computer; this can also be done from an internet empowered smartphone or tablet.
- To add the Chamberlain internet Gateway to your account, the GREEN LED on the Gateway must be on unremittingly. If the GREEN LED is off, try connecting and created again. The Internet Gateway MUST HAVE an internet connection for the website or phone to find it.
- You will need the SERIAL NUMBER from the bottom label of the Gateway. If this is the second Gateway to be added, you then will only need to go to “Manage Places>Add New Place”.
- Now you will need to personally name your device.
- At this point now you are able to add things like the garage door opener, gate opener, lights. Or other accessories from the “Manage Places” page. To assemble that, click on “Manage Places>Add New Device” and follow steps.
The alert feature allows MyQ users to receive an electric notification when certain events occur. You’ll be sure to be aware when your garage door opens and closes at all times! An alert can be enables, edited, or disabled with any internet enabled computer or smartphone. Multiple alerts can be enabled for any of your garage doors, gate operators, or light controls. You may even have alerts be sent to your email for your personal record.
Smart Phone App
Now that the hard part is finished, you can move onto the fun part! Downloading your smartphone app can be the most useful thing when it comes to Garage Door Openers! After installation, all you need to do is input your account email and password and you could be in Hawaii on vacation and be able to open your garage door for your neighbor to let your dog out or water the plants!