What does the 829LM do?
The 829LM Garage Door Monitor is a very handle tool to have in your house. This device was designed to indicate the status of your garage door from inside your house. It can be programmed with up to four garage door openers! This device is compatible with MyQ technology garage door openers only. You can put it anywhere in your house and you are able to open and shut your garage door as well as know if it is opening.
How does the device work?
To set-up this device all you need to do is connect the adapter to the garage door monitor and a standard 110 Vac outlet. Then you need to program it, you do this by pressing and releasing the learn button on the back of the garage door monitor. You have 60 seconds to press and release the learn button on the garage door opener. There will be 2 short beeps will confirm the garage door monitor has been successfully programmed. Note that the program additional garage door openers, repeat the steps above on each individual garage door opener, the garage door monitor can be programmed with up to 4 garage door openers! If you are wanting to erase the memory, all you have to do is press and hold the learn button on the garage door monitor for at least 6 seconds. There will be 1 short beep that you can hear at the beginning, and 1 short beep that will confirm that all codes have been erased.
What do all the lights mean?
It might be kind of confusing with all the lights that the garage door monitor has, so here is what they all mean:
- Red light blinking and green light off- at least one garage door is open
- Red light off and green light solid- all doors are closed
- Red light solid and green light off- no signal has been received from a programmed garage door opener within the last 20 minutes (implies a power outage or a garage door opener malfunction)
- Red light solid and green light solid- the garage door monitor has been successfully programmed.
- Red and green LEDs blinking simultaneously- the garage door is closing after pressing the close door button
- Red and green LEDs blinking alternately slow- the garage door monitor is not programmed to any garage door opener
- Red and green LEDs blinking alternately fast- the garage door monitor is a programming mode
- Both red and green LEDs are off- there is no power to the garage door monitor.
You can look in the user’s manual for any further assistant with the lights as well as what all the beeps mean.
Where can you pick it up?
We can these Liftmaster 829LM garage door monitors in stock at our showroom located in Plano. You can come pick one up for only $45 dollars plus tax. Also why you are there you can ask about our MyQ technology that your garage door opener is compatible of having as well!