HomeLink is a wireless system that allows you to control your garage door and/or gate from your car without the hassle of a separate remote. This technology, allowing you to control 3 different doors/gates, works with almost all makes and models of garage door openers.
The Benefits of a HomeLink
The convenience, accessibility, and versatility that a HomeLink provides are priceless. This technology gives you the peace of mind of knowing your HomeLink is always in the same place and virtually maintenance free, completely diminishing the hassle of a remote. Have you ever tried to open your garage door only to realize your remote batteries are dead? Your HomeLink is powered by your vehicles electrical system, so it never needs a battery replaced! Do you have more than one garage door or maybe even a gate? With the convenient 3-button design, your HomeLink gives you the versatility to program 3 different doors/gates to one car. Below are a few tips on utilizing this helpful technology.
Locate your HomeLink
Determining if HomeLink is built into your car’s interior is simple. There are 3 different models of HomeLink integration:
How to Program your HomeLink
There are the three basics steps to follow to program your HomeLink:
- Clear any existing codes
- When first training your system, press and hold the two outer HomeLink buttons, releasing only when the HomeLink indicator light begins to flash after 20 seconds (Do not perform this step when programming the additional HomeLink buttons).
- Program the remote to your vehicle
- Hold the remote 1-3 inches away from the HomeLink button (usually on the mirror, visor, or module), keeping the HomeLink light in view.
- Using both hands, simultaneously press and hold the button on your remote and the HomeLink button. DO NOT release until the HomeLink indicator light flashes slowly and then quickly. Once both lights are flashing quickly, you may release both buttons
- Program your car to the Opener
- At the opener (Motor Unit), press and release the learn button. NOTE: Once the learn button has been pressed and released you only have 30 seconds to complete the next step.
- Return to your car and press the programmed HomeLink for two seconds and then release. Repeat steps 2 and 3 up to three times to complete your vehicles programming.
Other Useful Resources
HomeLink Customer Care: 1-800-355-3515 or http://www.homelink.com/program/process/1
Liftmaster Customer Care: 1-800-528-6563
As always, check out our website’s “FAQ” section for quick solutions to surprisingly common problem: https://planodoor.wpengine.com/faq/