What is the 888LM?
The 888LM Smart Wall Control Panel is a device that we install to older openers that aren’t able to connect with the new MyQ technology without having to replace your opener. The MyQ technology allows you to use your smart phone to operate your opener with just a click of a button. The 888LM control panel is capable with security+ garage door openers manufactured between 1998 to the present.
The security+ 2.0 accessories are:
- Model 891LM 1-Button remote control
- Model 893LM 3-Button remote control
- Model 890MAX 3-Button mini MAX remote control
- Model 893MAX 3-Button MAX remote control
- Model 895MAX 3-Button Premium MAX remote control
- Model 877LM Wireless Keyless Entry
- Model 877LM MAX Keyless Entry
- Model 823LM Remote Light Switch
- Model 825LM Remote Light Control
- Model 828LM Liftmaster Internet Gateway
- Model 829LM Garage Door Gate Monitor
How hard is it to set up?
There are only 7 steps to install the 888LM
- First you need to turn off all power to the garage door opener
- You have to remove the existing wall control from the wall
- Then you need to label the wires on the existing door control-label the wire connected to the RED terminal-label the wire connected to the WHITE terminal. Disconnect the wires from existing door control.
- Next you need to connect the wires to the new MyQ control panel. When doing this make sure that the polarity is correct, matching Red wire to the R terminal and White wire to the W terminal.
- Then mount the MyQ Control Panel to the wall
- Now reconnect the power. There is a yellow command LED and a red learn LED that will blink quickly for up to 5 minutes as the control panel is recharging. Once the yellow command LED is glowing steady that means that the control panel is operational.
- In order to test the control panel, push the push bar to activate the garage door opener. And that’s it you are ready to start programming all your devices to the wall console.
Ready to Go!!
Now that you have installed your 888LM MyQ Control Panel, You are able to program all of your remotes, keypads, and MyQ enabled accessories. We do sell these control panels at our store located in Plano. If you don’t feel comfortable doing it yourself we can always send someone out to help you figure out how it all works. Feel free to give us a call at (972) 422-1695!
By Nick McGregor, General Manager of Plano Overhead Garage Door
What is a remote light switch?
The Liftmaster 823 LM remote light switch offers a convenient way to control the lights in your home. It is compatible with up to 8 Security +2.0 remote controls and a combination of up to 8 My Q enabled garage door openers or Liftmaster internet gateway devices. As long as the light source is connected to the switch, you can control it with the same remote that you use for your garage door opener!
Modes of Operation
The remote light switch can be programmed to Security +2.0 remote controls, MyQ garage door openers, or Liftmaster internet gateway devices. Remote control operation allows you to activate the remote light switch from a remote control. Note: If your remote control is already programmed to you’re garage door opener, choose a different remote control button to program to the remote light switch. Garage door opener operation allows you to synchronize the remote light switch with your garage door opener light bulbs. The synchronization with the garage door opener lights is disabled if you manually turn the light switch on. The light switch must be off to synchronize the garage door opener with the light switch. Example: The garage door opener light bulbs are set to automatically turn off after 4 ½ minutes, the remote light switch will also turn off after 4 ½ minutes. Internet Gateway Operation allows you to activate the remote light switch from a web browser (requires the internet gateway accessory model 828LM).
Before you begin you need to remember these things. This device REQUIRES a ground; if a ground is not available, contact an electrician. If you are not experienced and familiar with electrical wiring and electrical codes, contact an electrician. Install in accordance with all national and local codes. Ensure the existing switch and light is working prior to installing the new switch.
- Disconnect power at the circuit breaker or fuse box BEFORE proceeding.
- Remove the wall plate and set aside for re-assembly.
Remove old wall switch:
- Remove switch from switch box.
- During removal, identify or label the load and line wires.-note typically a line wire is the incoming hot wire from the circuit breaker. The load wire is the wire supplying power between the switch and the light.
- Keep all lead wires separated from line wires.
Install new switch:
- Identify the antenna routing.
- Connect the wires-note if you’re wiring includes a neutral wire this wire is not required, combine neutral wires and cap with wire nut.
Connect the green wire on the new switch to the exposed copper ground, green wire, or to the ground connection within metal switch box.
- Red wire to load.
- Black wire to line.
- Secure connections with a wire nut and wrap each wire nut with electrical tape. (Note turn all wire nuts clockwise, making sure the bare wires are covered. Tug on each wire nut to make sure the connections are good).
- Carefully pack the wiring back into switch box. Make sure the wires are not pinched or strained. Make sure the antenna is hanging straight down between the switch box and the drywall.
- Fasten the remote light switch to the switch box with the screws.
- Fasten the wall plate securely over the switch box with the original screws from the wall plate.
You can also test it by:
- Turning on the power to circuit at fuse box or circuit breaker.
- Test the light switch, manually press the light switch to ensure that the light is functioning.
You will see that the LED has stopped flashing about 10 minutes and then you can begin to proceed with programming. All you have to do is lift the cover on the remote light switch to access the “LEARN” button, then press and hold the remote control button OR press and release the Learn button on the garage door opener OR if you have a gateway you can go online and it will tell you how. Then all you have to do is press and release the “LEARN” button. Both the LED on the remote light switch and the light will flash once indicating the programming is complete. By following these simple steps it’s easy to see that this product will be very convenient in your everyday life and you can purchase them in our showroom in Plano.
By Nick McGregor, General Manager of Plano Overhead Garage Door